The rapidly evolving education industry has made massive strides over the past couple of years and is completely reinvented how people teach and learn. Gone are the days when teachers would use chalk to draw diagrams on a blackboard and suffocate the entire front row while using the eraser.
In this digital age, the usefulness of electronic notepads, laptops, and smartphones have replaced the traditional teaching tools and thus have ushered into a new era of education.
How can various educational institutions benefit the interactive classroom?
Among some highly valuable tools of interactive education technology, the conventional interactive classroom has now become more productive than ever before.
1. Better Access to Information: There is hardly any need to spend money on books now because a diverse variety of information is available on the web and that too for free. From unique study apps to Wikipedia, you have everything at your disposal once you log onto the Internet. And this is exactly what interactive technology in the field of education aims to provide.
2. Clearer Understanding: Thanks to interactive education technology, students now hardly ever have to memories paragraph after paragraph. The usage of visual imagery such as drawings, charts, bar graphs, and others are bringing information alive. This, in return, has improved the student retention and how much information they retain in their memory.
3. Better Student Engagement: An interactive classroom varies widely from a regular classroom in both appearance and operation. In the former case, it has been observed that students who wouldn’t usually participate in classroom activities are more enthusiastic in interacting with new age technology. This can also foster greater student-teacher relationship.
4. Enhanced Exposure: Thanks to Internet connectivity, both students and teachers can expand their mind beyond the limitations of a classroom. They can explore new frontiers together and jointly work to improve teaching and learning methods.
Some Negative Aspects
Of course, solutions in regards to interactive education technology come with their share of limitations. Some of the common forms being the following:
1. Distraction caused by tempting social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
2. Free access to inappropriate or age restricted information that might be harmful to the students.
3. No face-to-face interaction in the interactive classroom due to the use of apps and social media platforms can affect their real-life social skills.
As you can understand, interactive education technology encompasses a massive frontier filled with existing solutions and future possibilities. We can only hope that this revolutionary technology changes the school system for the better.